Wednesday, August 08, 2007

København, Denmark

I am here in Copenhagen, Denmark to do some work for my PhD at MIC - Institute for Mikro- og Nanoteknologi - which is a deparment of DTU, Danmarks Tekniske Universitet. But beside chemistry there´s a really nice city to explore. Yesterday, so Sat, 5th, I walked minimum 30 km and today 15 km minimum. So far I discovered a lot of nice places and next time I am not a tourist but a traveller and I will enjoy the city. Yesterday evening I went to a beach in Hellerup and waited for the moonrise which was around 11 p.m. While waiting I saw the biggest shooting star I have ever seen. Not the longest one, but the brightest. It was meant for a huge wish, I suppose! No sooner thought than done!
I came by train to Copenhagen. In Puttgarden, Germany the entire train is loaded on to a ferry and shipped to Denmark.
The old guest house of the DTU. It is like a hostel for PhD students. At the moment there is a guy from Denmark (the manager), guys from Sweden, Austria and China and a girl from China. Everybody is staying only for a short period of time. Me, three and a half week.
In the city centre. I started my tour at Nørreport station, went south to the Tivoli and than a little west to walk al the way east to the mermaid and than to Hillerup where I awaited moonrise.The Tycho Brahe Planetarium. Northwest of the Copenhagen Central Station which is next to the Tivoli.
This week the world champion chip of the homeless guested here in CPH. Kultur Havn 2007! Live music, sports, art, ...
Christians Church framed by new architecture. Copenhagen has a lot of new, interesting buildings beside old architecture. Very interesting and diversified. The chanel of Cristianhavn. A nice place to sit and enjoy the scenery. Other places similar to this are to crowded for a relaxing rest.

Houses in Christianhavn at the chanel.Copenhagen seen from Our Saviors Church. On top your 90 m above ground.
But on the way to the top the stairs are on the outer side of the tower. The advantage of the helix: you see all directions while ascending.
The Fristade Christiania. Soft drugs are sold like ice cream elsewhere. That you are not in Denmark shows the sign on the flipside:
Anyways, a nice place which is worth it to be visited. I recommend it.
An old ship in the Gammel Dok in Christianhavn.
Reflections. Similar to Christianhavn but here it is to crowded to enjoy the place. Let´s go!
The fountain and the opera seen from Amalie Haven.Found this church on the way to the mermaid. It was so inviting to try my camera.First I did not plan to post a picture of the mermaid. But close by the original I found two other mermaids. Form your own opinion!
Copenhagen: art everywhere. I start to like it.
In the evening at a beach in Hellerup. Missed my tripod a lot.
Moonrise over Sweden and the Baltic Sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home