Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jerusalem, Israel I/II

This time I went to Israel for my studies. I was staying in Jerusalem on the Givat Ram Campus of The Hebrew University. Most of the time I spent in Jerusalem and unfortunately I had no time to visit North Israel. But this trip to this wonderful country was not the last one.
Jerusalem has a lot of places to take pictures of. Here are some of the pictures I took.


The first night Shimshon, my host, took me to Abu Ghosh for dinner. The second night i went for a walk in the area north-east of the campus.
The campus.
The Knesset. When I arrived in Israel, George W. Bush was in Jerusalem and therefore the US flag was flown and most of the roads were closed.
Jerusalem has a new "attraction". A rope bridge.
The third day I went to Yad Vashem. The first time I have been to Jerusalem i missed to visit this Holocaust museum.
Impressions on the Yad Vashem ground.
Menorah infront of the Knesset.
The rope bridge at sunset.
Dormitio Abbey.
The windmill in Yemin Moshe.
Dormitio Abbey.
Inside the Old City.
On the roof of the Church of the Sepulture.
On top of the Church of the Reedemer., looking to Mt. Skopus where another part of the Hebrew University is located.
At Yaffo Gate.
Relaxing at noon.
Boardwalk on Givat Ram Campus. a nice place to have lunch.
The boardwalk at night.
The rope bridge. The road was closed due to the suspicion of a bombing.
monastery of th Cross in Emek hamatzleva, the Valley of the Cross.
Fassade.
Moonrise over the israelian-palastinian border.
Inside Valley of the Cross.
Green lights and the boarder.
The night after. Another moonrise above the border.
the Knesset at night illuminated in blue and white on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of Israel.
That´s me.
Stairs on Givat Ram Campus.
Olive tree.
Valley of the Cross.
Red lights and the border.
Dormitio Abbey.
David Tower.
Yemin Moshe.
The wall around the Old City.
Tower of Dormitio abbey behind a fence.
The Western Wall.
Dome of the Rock and a kite in the air.
Damascus Gate.
Infront of Damascus Gate.
Rocks beneth the city wall.

On the roof in the Old City.
Children inside the Old City.
Weapons are everywhere.
The Dome of the Rock.
Western Wall and Dome of the Rock.
On a Friday evening.
Mount of Olives and the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home